IMS/DB (DLI) Application Programming
This course introduces the student to the concepts of Hierarchical Data Bases in IMS and fully covers the Programming components
necessary for their processing.
- Systems Analysts.
- Application Programmers.
- DBAs as a first stage of their training.
- COBOL or PL/I programming experience.
- Program Edit and submission knowledge.
Upon successful completion of the course the student should be able to:
- Describe the basic components of IMS DB.
- Understand basic IMS DB terminology.
- Describe the main facilities available in IMS DB.
- Code and Test a basic COBOL or PL/I Program to access IMS Data Bases.
- Objectives of a Data Base
- Hierarchical Data Base terminology
- Programming to access Data Bases
- Description and use of Command Codes
- Efficient call sequences
- Description of Secondary Indexing
- Description of Logical Relationships
- Overview of IMS Access Methods
- Running Batch IMS programs
(Select here for more detailed contents)
3 - 5 Days depending on student's experience in programming, course content and practicals required.
Lectures and practicals (and desk exercises).
Copyright © 2011 Minerva Training Consultants
Telephone +44 (0) 1753 885547
All trademarks acknowledged