IMS Concepts and Facilities
This course is designed to introduce the student to the concepts IMS Data Bases, Data Communications, some basic IMS terminology and to
show what facilities are available and where best to use them.
- Systems Analysts.
- Project Leaders
- Some Computing experience.
- A general appreciation of IBM Mainframe.
Upon successful completion of the course the student should be able to:
- Describe the basic components of IMS DB and DC
- Understand basic IMS terminology.
- Describe the main facilities available in IMS
- Consider the use of these facilities
- IMS components
- Objectives of a Data Base
- Hierarchical Data Base terminology
- DL/1 Programming considerations
- IMS DC
- Message Types
- Conversational Processing concepts
- Description of Secondary Indexing
- Description of Logical Relationships
- Overview of IMS Access Methods
- Message Scheduling
Copyright © 2011 Minerva Training Consultants
Telephone +44 (0) 1753 885547
All trademarks acknowledged