DB2 Application Programming
This course covers the aspects of DB2 which are initially required by DB2 application programmers and analysts as a first stage.
- Systems Analysts.
- Application Programmers.
- DBAs as a first stage of their training.
- COBOL or PL/I programming experience.
- Program Edit and submission knowledge.
Upon successful completion of the course the student should be able to:
- Describe a relational database and some of the associated jargon.
- Code queries using Structured Query Language (SQL) via SPUFI.
- Code Application Programs that access DB2 databases using SQL.
- Test a Basic COBOL or PL/I Programs, creating the appropriate test data.
- DB2 introduction
- Basic and Advanced SQL
- Creating DB2 Objects
- Application programming to read and update tables
- Description of Logical Relationships
- Introduction to other DB2 features
3 - 4 Days depending on student's experience in programming, course content and practicals required..
Lectures and practicals (and desk exercises).
Copyright © 2011 Minerva Training Consultants
Telephone +44 (0) 1753 885547
All trademarks acknowledged