This course is designed for programmers who need to code, maintain or debug COBOL programs. It covers the COBOL coding required for
typical commercial programming.
- Trainee Programmers.
- Application Programmers
- Aptitude test pass to prove logical ability.
- Computer fundamentals and IBM Mainframe Orientation
- Program edit and job submission knowledge
Upon successful completion of the course the student should be able to:
- Make effective use of all main fundamental COBOL verbs and keywords.
- Be able to define and use internal and external data, correctly.
- Use COBOL statements to process sequential and non-sequential file.
- Write a typical COBOL programs using efficient and structured code.
- Compile, test and debug their programs.
- Identification, Environment, Data and Procedure Divisions
- I/O statements
- Program design
- Condition testing
- Non-sequential files
- Table handling
- Copy statements
- Manipulating data
- Internal sort
- Reserved words
5 - 10 Days depending on student's experience in programming, course content and practicals required.
Lectures and practicals (and desk exercises).
Copyright © 2011 Minerva Training Consultants
Telephone +44 (0) 1753 885547
All trademarks acknowledged